The Chair focuses its studies and exams on creation of commercial innovation processes and systems. Related influences on innovation action are being examined by different empirical methods. Substantial research areas of the department are:
- Innovative Project Landscapes
- Radical Innovations
- Early Innovation
Innovative Project Landscapes
- What are management challenges of complex landscapes?
- How are innovation strategies implemented by portfolio management?
- How do companies control project portfolio dynamics?
- What are the influences on the innovation level of project portfolios?
- What are special challenges for radical management innovations?
- How do operational innovation systems (strategy, structure, process, culture) have to be designed for highly innovative projects?
- How far does the innovation level have any influence on development projects?
- How does the cooperation of formal and informal organizational levers influence early innovation?
- What influences employees’ innovation in early innovation phases?
- How do cooperations with universities and research facilities influence the companies’ success?
- Which management activities influence the success of cooperations?